This review looks that the Kala KA-15S ukulele – Is it promising for a beginner? How does it compare vs the KA-S? Does the lower price tag mean a worse instrument?
First up – Here’s Aimee with our video review
- Mahogany body and neck, with very good quality and playability. Decent wood for this price range.
- Rosewood fingerboard, fast and comfortable for most players
- Aquila strings provided, for a beautiful and durable sound. Good strings are soooo important!
Kala KA-15S vs KA-S
The main difference between these two best-sellers is this model has no white binding and has nickel plated frets rather than brass. Other than that this model is slightly cheaper.
Check out our review of the KA-S here.
- Price: Even cheaper than the popular Kala KA-S.
- Light and easy to play: Well made, great strings – Hard to go wrong as a beginner really. Plenty to like about it.
- No Binding: Some folks might prefer the other look, or simply just go with the trend and buy the popular model.
- Obviously not a premium instrument.
The Kala Company
Kala made a huge impact on the ukulele scene on a short amount of time. At a very competitive price, these ukuleles made their way into people’s homes due to their low price at high quality. Good from beginners to ukulele enthusiasts who want to take their playing to the next level.
Buyer’s reports of the Kala KA-15S
This beauty rated 4.6 stars out of 5 possible on amazon.com, which can be translated as a total success. What’s not to like about this? The KA-S uke has been made cheaper yet still really good instrument. Enjoy it while you can…
Some comments include:
“This is a great ukulele with amazing sound quality.”
“I highly recommend you get this…!”
“ I Love playing this instrument…The natural brown finish is simple, but elegant and appealing. The machine pegs work very precisely. What more can I say?”
Here are some similarly priced ukes you may also wish to consider:
If you liked its “previous” more popular version then get ready to fall in love with the Kala KA-15s soprano ukulele. Not only is it cheaper as it plays great just like the other did. Not that it is different from what expected from the company. What’s there not to like? Who doesn’t like the term “cheaper” anyway? Go out, pick one up and try it out…