Considering getting a Lanikai LU-21 soprano ukulele? This page will give a quick run-through of the main features of this uke and what you should be aware of before buying.
The Highest Selling Ukulele on Amazon!
Firstly, as we explained in our previous page, the Lanikai brand represents quality at an affordable price. At the minute, the 21 LU series is its most popular and affordable. The soprano size model from this Lanikai 21 LU series, is the top selling uke on amazon.com.
But why? Simply this is among the best beginner soprano ukulele choices. It gives a great sounding, quality instrument at a very reasonable price. Your quest to answer “what ukulele should I buy?” may have ended here!
Read on below or head to amazon to read more info on this starter model by clicking the following link… 21 Lanikai LU soprano ukulele.
Features of the LU-21
The product specifications of this popular beginner uke include:
- Soprano Sized (the most common, standard size of uke).
- Quality aquila strings. Many of the cheaper models have poor strings as standard, but not this!
- Rosewood Fretboard, for a great tone to the music you produce.
- Dot Inlays on the 12 Fret-size fretboard.
- Nato wood (A.K.A.’Eastern Mahogany’) top, sides and back. This wood is a cheap but quality alternative to mahogany. It makes for a beautifully playable uke.
- White binding for a nice finish.
- This is the best-selling branded ukulele on amazon!!!
Downsides of this Instrument
In spite of all the good things about this model, there are some points to bear in mind:
- This is perhaps suited more towards the beginner or casual player, than a serious or experienced player.
- Some users report problems with the consistency of build-quality. But most are very happy with this.
- The strings take some time to ‘bed-in’, as with most stringed instruments!
- The tuning-pegs can be fiddly.
Here are a few similar products that you may consider when looking for the best ukuleles to buy:
- Kala KA-S : A comparison of the Lanikai lu 21 vs Kala ka s – There is very little between them in terms of quality, price or specs. Our advice is not to spend too long choosing – You are wasting precious playing time!
- Lanikai LU-11 Soprano- Our review here. This is a good option if you’re on a tight budget. But we say spend a bit more and get the 21, as vs lanikai lu-11 it is better quality.
- Other sizes in this series – Include the LU-21c (concert), LU-21TE (tenor) LU-21B (baritone).
Some customer reviews:
Customers give the standard LU-21 a 4.2 star rating, with most being very happy with their purchase:
“This was my first ukulele, and it was greater than I ever expected! Its size is perfect, and I bring it to school about 3 days a week. It is also comfortable to hold and sounds beautiful. Overall, I give this 2 thumbs up!”
“After plenty of searching, I came to the conclusion of getting this one because it was recommended by uke owners and its reviews were good. It was definitely a good choice.”
“Got this as a present for my 41st B-Day. Now I own the same in a Concert and Tenor Size. Great Ukes.”
The Lanikai LU-21 is a highly recommended best starter ukulele. It is also a nice choice for the casual, but more experienced player. It is a top-seller for a reason, it’s a nice branded uke at a great price.